With this laser we can treat all kinds of issues including, but not limited to: chronic and acute pain, wounds, edema, inflammation, skin issues, granulomas, etc. It also assists in shortening post surgical healing time.
This laser has the ability to treat all small and large animal species including birds and pocket pets.
How does it work?
LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation. Non-thermal photons of light are emitted and pass through the layers of skin (specific depth depends on the wavelength/intensity setting). When the target area has been reached the light energy gets absorbed and interacts with light sensitive elements in the cells (similar to photosynthesis in plants). This stimulates mitochondria (the power house of the cell) to speed up the production of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate- which is an organic compound found in all living things). This increases cell growth and intracellular metabolism resulting in faster healing, normalized tissues, and a reduction of pain or inflammation.
Especially considering chronic pain and arthritis, laser therapy makes an amazing addition to acupuncture and chiropractic treatments! Call our office to find out if laser therapy will help your pet and discuss treatment plans!! (413-268-8387)
Check out the Benefits and biological effects offered by www.coldlasers.org :
Benefit of Cold Lasers
- Easy to apply
- Extremely safe
- No side effects or pain
- Cost effective for both the practitioner and patient
- Highly effective in treating ailments (more than 90% efficacy)
- Superior alternative to analgesics, NSAID's and other medications
- Reduces the need for surgery
- Works synergistically with other modalities like Chiro, Acupuncture, and PT
General Therapeutic Laser Biological Effects
- Increased Cell Growth: Laser photons accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Photons initiate a higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and thus greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP).
- Faster Wound Healing: Cold laser photons stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Laser photons reduce swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints resulting in enhanced joint mobility.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Laser photons induce temporary vasodilation that increases blood flow to effected areas.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation:Laser photons reduce the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from: cuts, scratches, burns or post surgery.
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser photon exposure speeds the process of nerve cell reconnect ion to bring the numb areas back to life.
- Pain Reduction: Almost all systems have a mode of operation specifically designed to reduce pain.